View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I sure can pray for them all... and sympathize.

We had a mudslide when I was a kid, it can down our hill and through our living room sliding glass door, made a horrible mess. But I was a kid, and didn't have to do any of the work lol.

I lived two blocks from the ocean when I was in San Diego, and we had a flood. Here I was, 35 years old, 5'0" and 87 lbs., rsd/crpsII for 4-5 years, wearing a ROM boot, alone (because I had kicked ex out one week prior... yes, my timing sucks) with two pre-teen sons, two dogs, a macaw and a cockatiel.

Luckily, we were in a two-story town house. I managed to get quite a bit of our belongings up stairs before they got totally ruined, with a little *help* from the boys. But my piano was, of course, out of the question. God how I cried over that. Lost all my living and dining room furniture too, but piano was the worst. My rsd was legs only at that time, so playing was one of the few things I could still do.

I'm almost positive that that night (yes, it was 2:00 a.m., couldn't even happen in the daytime, geez) was the start of the spread of my rsd/crps. After moving all that furniture, the stereo and computer stuff, books and photos, then there was the whole "trying to get the water out" part. I was lucky enough to own a shop vac, so I managed to keep the water level lower in my apt than the occupants of the other half of the duplex. But I have NEVER hurt so bad as I did that night and the next few days.

Wow... what an awful memory to dreg up! Sorry for the bummer, but reality usually does suck, lol. Here's hoping that none of our friends in Texas go through anything like that.

Curious, Julie and all others in the danger zone have my prayers... and I'll cross my fingers and toes for ya too.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote