View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

I use a myriad of pain management tools. I mentioned ginger to you in chat...and that helps some pains no matter in what form you use it.
Rest is important. I had to learn to say no, and to shut the world out at times...even when I felt I just HAD to get something done... nope. At other times it is distraction that helps...engrossed in a computer game or good book...if the pain lets you read.

Chronic pain means your body isn't able to counter it on an ongoing basis,imo. I hope you review trying to find pain med that works for you. They have many newer ones that came out for MS but found that others can be helped too...

Watch your diet, as a healthy diet helps the body fight the pain...and if you have any type of arthritis pain, a poor diet can add to the pain.

Trigger point work/pressure helps me too... I use tennis balls to do this.

I would also suggest learning self hypnosis, as to be able to dissociate some from the pain is wonderful! (Which is a bit of what you do when you lose yourself in a distraction
Hope you feel better soon!