View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also wonder if this is, at least partially, a dental problem.
Some possibility of a TMJ issue.
However, it might very well be BOTH a dental AND a neurological problem.
Perhaps your nerve was damaged during your treatment. (This is basically what happened to me. )
Even if you have a dental problem, this doesn't mean that if it is corrected, you will be alright, if you ALSO have nerve involvement / damage.
A med like Trileptal might help nerve damage. However, I think what is more well known to be of help are the meds Elavil and/or Gabapentin. I definitely would consider taking any of these meds, because if you have nerve involvement, it takes a med like Trileptal or one of the others to make a dent in it. Sometimes high dosages are needed or more than one med. BACLOFEN might be a great secondary med for you. I use it sometimes. It is technically a muscle relaxer, but seems to work unusually well for folks with nerve problems...I think some call it a muscle relaxer with some anti seizure type properties (don't know if that is technically accurate, but it is the only muscle relaxer that helps my bad facial neuralgia that started after dental work).
Sometimes if the nerve is involved it can cause temporary pain, LONG term pain or permanent pain. The pain is almost always VERY bad.
Does heat help at all!? A heating pad on your right side?
Wishing you relief and SOON! Find a great doctor or doctors. You might have to get a second opinion...but don't give up hope!!!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (06-14-2015)