View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

thanks for the reply Mark!

I'm a 33 year old woman who lives in rural Minnesota where doctors are bad. About 2 months ago I was referred to an ok neurologist in Minneapolis (5hr drive one way). I'm married no kids so the homelike is pretty stress free... However my husband didn't quite "get it" when this all started happening. I was urged to go to work even when I knew I shouldn't...for work I stare at computers all day. In fact when this whole thing started we had 2new employees that I alone was needed to train on super complex stuff -mostly remotely via sharing computer screens. I also had a huge workload piled on me. So somewhat stressful during the first couple months.

I lowered my hrs to working part time at first, then back up to full, now back down to part time. Currently I frequently go past the point when symptoms set in. I try to take a break when they start... But they never go away completely until I go home for the day....

I've been my own doctor through this whole ordeal -Basically minimal guidance from them. (Including sportsmed concussion person, neurologist, and my GP).

I have been cutting out stuff (cognitive and physical) left and right and trying to get in light exercise... Walking/hiking for 20 minutes. I guess I have to quit jogging. I can't do it now anyway. It wasn't bothering me a month ago I have quit any social stuff because it makes me sick too. That's REALLY hard for me

Regarding my neck: Last month I ordered myself an X-ray. Some minor issues were noted but the doctor concluded that it did not appear to be abnormal.... But that's rural Minnesota doctors. I may see if I can get the X-ray and look at myself. I may also order myself an MRI of my neck.

I have asked my doctor to refer my case to Mayo. After some urging and debate with his nurse, he did it. I don't have an appointment yet, but they will call me. I'm super afraid they are just going to tell me to rest even more. I just keep slipping further and further backwards.

Wondering if anyone else has had a symptoms worsening experience. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?!!
Thesquid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote