View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 09:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
you aren't selling are you?

you aren't breaking any rules. it's a good discusion.
I totally agree, Curious. It's a topic many people are afraid to bring up, and many more just don't know anything about it. I have had many discussions about mj with people in the oddest places, lol... mainly in game rooms online. You might be surprised how many elderly ladies playing bingo are interested in the subject.

It usually starts out with us discussing aids, another subject many people have troubles talking about. But once they find someone online willing to be open about it, the questions come flooding out. And once they find out I use Marinol and have smoked pot in the past (and would again today if someone had some, lol) they have even more questions, mainly about how it would pertain to their particular health complaint.

There is only one serious side effect to consuming (no, you don't have to smoke it, although that is the usual method) mj... it's a possible weight gain. But from what I hear, the meds like Neurontin are even worse. Not all mj gives one "the munchies", most do. But you can counter-act that by keeping good healthy snacks at the ready. Have carrot sticks, broccoli celery and dip available in the fridge... don't wait to make it after you've taken your medicine. You will probably say "why bother?" and reach for a candy bar.. or call pizza hut, lol.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote