View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

In my experience, it was important to learn the early signs of fatigue. Needing to reread a line of text, struggling to focus on text, struggling to understand what I am reading, These all are the early signs. The very first time these happen, get up and walk away for a break. I'd change go from my office upstairs to my easy chair and watch some Discovery channel or do some other low key activity for 10 to 30 minutes. I could often return to my office and get back into the task I was working on.

We each need to find our own system of breaks but I bet the triggers/early signs have a lot of commonality. Office noise and other office environment issues can contribute to fatigue.

One of the challenges to computer work can be the position of the screen. Lifting the head up is/was a problem for me. It is even worse for me because I wear progressive glasses and need to find the right part of the lens to see the screen.

I suggest you try to get as much phone consult from Mayo as possible before making the trip. Finding the right doc/therapist/diagnostician prior to the trip will help you utilize the visit better.

An upper cervical chiro may be the best at upper neck x-rays.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote