View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up There is no way to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hi

I've been reading as much as I can and it seems like there is such a debate about whether small fibers can heal. I find some stuff that says they can ( usually related to diabetic though). Others say no but Measures can be taken to stop further damage.

My question is... If I'm already positive for sfn meaning over 95 % of my nerves are damaged (lliterally every inch of my body experiences tingling, pins and beedles, burning, stinging and severe muscle twitching which means hundreds to thousands per minute all over) then what's the point of trying to prevent further damage? It can't go anywhere else.... Why torture myself with food restrictions and food I hate ?
My biopsy didn't indicate condition of fibers so I dont even know if they are healing or still being damaged. My guess is that because I'm progressing they r still being damaged. I just can't figure out why because I'm positive mine was due to trauma and or rx drugs. Those thing are gone so why continued progression? Everything says if u remove the cause u can start healing, why am I getting worse?
If healing hurts and damage hurts there is no way to know, in the moment, which is going on. The diabetics know the relationship with inflamation and sugars in the diet. Your root causes may well be trauma or toxin and your dietary needs are not mapped out as with diabetes. In my search for mitochondrial health, understanding nutrition is not that simple. For instance vegans have a belief system that tells them that they are doing the right thing. I on the other hand would worry about any diet that would fall short on the B vitamins and Iron. Mrs D has taught us all from salt to seaweed and supplementation. I am not criticizing anyone's path. I am trying to say that this is your path and do what you need to do to get to tomorrow. Your self-imposed dietary restrictions may be adding more misery than the benefit, if any, they bring. If you keep a journal and you have been on this diet (just guessing here) for two weeks and nothing has improved as far as energy, alertness, pain,sleep, anything that you would hold food responsible for, then give yourself a break. I love grilled trout, and I know that it is packed with nutrients should not harm me. Nutrient dense foods have a hierarchy. First is Mollusks then Crustacions then oily cold water fish on down the line to organ meats such as livers and so on. The plants have the same ladder. Eating is primal on many levels and has the potential to add quality to your life. I hope for you that you find that balance between nutrition and satisfaction. Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-23-2015), canagirl (06-14-2015), caroline2 (06-14-2015), EnglishDave (06-17-2015)