View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Posting is a priviledge, Not a Right

Some of us do not contribute to the costs of running this forum, others contribute something to keep it up and running but what is contributed on an individual basis does not come close to the total costs of keeping this forum going. Many of us are computer illerate and would never be able to keep a forum of this size up and running.

If the moderators edit or block you from this site for a week, take your lumps. More than likely they were deserved. We do get overinvolved from time to time, espiecially if we are housebound and don't get out and vist friends. Spending too much time by yourself has a tendency to focus all your thoughts on what you believe, argue with yourself, begin to put too much credence in your own ideas and theories, and lastly, become to believe your theories as fact and refuse to acknowledge other opinions; looking only for those that will back up your own.

Since we all signed on this forum promising to follow the forum rules, at that point in time we are acknowledging the possibility we might not only be able to follow them, but also that we all are capable of breaking them. The moderators must be trusted to act according to their interest in providing us with a safe environment to vent good news, views, develop friendships, and we must accept the fact that no one is perfect.

I am one of those who keeps threatening to leave. My views oppose many on this forum and I take it very seriously when others make sarcastic remarks about my posts. Some say make your disagreements with a spoon of sugar. The same person may permit themselves to "flame" another thinking they are not attacking someone but are defending a more ethical belief.

This forum is sometimes used by people who are trying to help others by posting long, current studies on many different aspects of Scientific findings about Parkinson's disease. If the information doesn't interest you, ignore it. But there is usually someone who will find something helpful in the post, depending on where they are with their symptoms. If this is true, thank the poster so they know someone is out there listening and considers their efforts to assimalate information as valuable. I assume that persons on this forum who perform this function would lose interest if they never received feedback.

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote