View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Cameron,

Due to your Position, your Posts WILL be scrutinised for spelling and grammar mistakes

As to your issues, I understand. My neck and back have been destroyed by MVAs and arthritis, I am dealing with the pain in my spine and referred pain and numbness in my arms and left leg. My spinal cord is compressed in my neck, probably due to a previous crushed vertebrae injury, I am still waiting on MRI results from Neuro. Surgery is not an option due to heart issues.

Your anxiety over the negative surgical outcomes of paralysis, or even death, have to be weighed against your current pain levels and your perceived deterioration over the next few years. Be honest with yourself, it is a fairly safe gamble. The same type of arguement stands as to whether or not to have the surgery for pain relief reasons.

As for your wife having to listen to you moan, I can guarantee all of us have had the 'eye-roll' from a Loved One at some point. That is the beauty of our Community, we are a non-judgemental buffer between our Members and their families and friends. Use us to moan and vent to - protect your marriage. I'm not saying your wife, or any carer is intolerant, but they deserve a break from us and our issues.

Forgive my presumption, but I note how long you have been suffering these spinal (and other) issues, and I know that Depression walks hand-in-hand with chronic pain, so here:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum37.html

is our Depression Forum, just in case you - or anyone who comes after - feels the need for it.

All that being said, welcome to the Forums, I hope your stay is helpful and informative.

Dave
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-14-2015)