View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 07:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Canagirl: You joined the forum here a short time before I did. I've been following your story pretty regularly. It breaks my heart because I can feel your desperation. I feel fortunate that my problems are only a fraction of what you are facing.

I don't think any of us here really know what the future holds for us. But you've read enough posts to know that many people improve over time, or have symptoms that wax and wane. Others have continued to get worse, but still find ways to enjoy life.

The doctors tend to say there is nothing that can be done other than treat the symptoms. But the more posts I read, the more it becomes apparent that the people who have improved generally believe that four things have contributed: diet, exercise, supplements, and stress reduction.

So, I've chosen to go down that path. Doing the supplements is easy (as long as you can afford them). Diet and exercise takes a little more commitment, but they certainly are do-able. Stress reduction is the tough one. It's hard to stay calm when your life is going to @#$%^! But everybody can find a way. For me, I put the headphones on and listen to various "sounds of nature" - ocean waves, waterfalls, rainstorms etc. Others do meditation, etc. Find out what helps you remain calm and go with it.

I don't know for sure if any of what I'm doing will actually help or not. But I'm going to fight as hard as I can. For me, the worst thing would be to end up in horrible shape some day - and knowing that I could have done something that might have helped.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-23-2015), canagirl (06-14-2015), ellsac (06-15-2015), KnowNothingJon (06-15-2015), mrsD (06-14-2015), northerngal (06-14-2015), Susanne C. (06-14-2015), zkrp01 (06-15-2015)