View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 04:33 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have had ocular migraines for many years. The first diagnosis was when I had a retinal angiogram... (I had a blind spot from a airplane trip)...the doctor said it was a ocular migraine.

I don't get headaches very often. I've only had one migraine and that was when I was pregnant over 30 yrs ago.

But I still get ocular migraines--with the visual auras. They tend to come if I use Zantac. So I avoid that drug. I don't get them from cimetidine (which is also an H2 blocker). So that is rather a mystery. Mine typically start as a spiral in the center of my vision, of a diamond shaped design, which grows wider and wider , and eventually leaves my central vision and disappears.

I've only had 4 or 5 of the auras during my whole lifetime though so I don't consider it a common event.

Anyone with visual snow or disturbances in circulation should be taking B12 and folate to support the blood vessels in the retina.
Getting a homocysteine blood test may show elevations which damage the tiny vessels in the retina and brain. Often blood vessel damage shows up first in the eye.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
janieg (06-15-2015)