View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 01:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Dental Saga Continues

Bryanna,

Thanks for the additional information. As for whether I'm feeling better, unfortunately, I have to say no. I feel like I have the flu--and this weekend the cellulitus flared up again, along with a super tender right sinus just above the infected extraction site and around my right eye. I could have fried an egg on my face. I took a panoply of nsaids yesterday and spent the day in cool dark room with ice on my face--today it is less hot and red.

What's confusing it that when I called to report this, instead of scheduling me to be seen sooner (i have a 2-week follow up this Friday) the doc wants to continue the Ceftin for 2 more weeks (current script ends tomorrow) and push out the follow up for at least one more week--in his assistant's words, "to get things under control." Does this make sense to you? From my patient's POV it's very counterintuitive...if things aren't better or at least stable after two weeks, doesn't that mean the TX needs to be readdressed? The assistant also told me that the culture "didn't reveal any surprises" though she wouldn't tell me what was in it--but I'm assuming this means Ceftin is the right thing to be on...but maybe 2 weeks isn't enough time to make a dent (?). I did press for a sooner appointment, and the assistant scheduled me to see the doc tomorrow, in her words, for "reassurance." And maybe that is all I can expect at this point--reassurance.

I am also considering hyperbaric TX or IV ozone--I live about 90 minutes from the Canadian border, and those treatments are available in Canada. Do you have any experience with either, or know of people who obtained relief/healing from using these approaches?
friendllyd52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote