Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen975 View Post
MrsD,

I checked pubmed and yes indeed ther are allot of articles about curcumin.
Why not "Vitacost Turmeric Extract Curcumin C3 Complex® with Bioperine® Description instead of curcubrain or is it same thing.?
Bioperine is a pepper extract thought to increase absorption of hard to dissolve products. For a while it was the only enhancing item out there.

But once the nano technology discovered that many nutrients can be highly enhanced by altering particle size, bioperine has fallen by the wayside. Curcumin is not very soluble so the new technology opened up a whole new activity realm with it that was previously difficult to prove. In the past Curcumin was thought to help brain functions since people in India eat alot of this spice and have a low incidence of Parkinson's. But one has to eat ALOT of curcumin and alot of fat with it to get the smallest effects.

So the studies developed the new optimized forms. LongVida is just one of those. They explain the process on their website.
http://longvida.com/

The Longvida product was so expensive though. Now it is licensed out to many quality OTC makers, and affordable. I've been using it one a day and like the improvements in my arthritis alone. My left ankle and foot which tends to swell and hurt due to an old surgical procedure that was pretty destructive, has gone down quite a bit in a very short time.
I just ordered my second bottle from Amazon.

Some supplements have gone thru various incarnations. CoQ-10 is one. It has moved from an insoluble powder capsule, to capsules with oils added to increase solubility, to where we are now with Qunol and Q-Gel...which increase solubility in water up to 300% and are affordable. So purchasing any of the older types, is really a waste, with Qunol available now.

Look up liposomal on Google. There are sites explaining how you can make your own liposomes for various vitamins, like Vit C.
https://www.quantumbalancing.com/liposomalC.htm
There are YouTubes and everything for this do it yourself project. Liposomes are where it is at now for some vitamins and hard to solubilize supplements.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-23-2015)