View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member
Default This work COULD Save one from Surgery

I deal with bodywide OA since 18 and I'm headed to 77.

Shoulder injuries from workout equipment, and did dextrose Prolotherapy over 6 yrs ago in one shoulder and got 3 yrs great relief...I could use it again, but drag my feet on doing it...I seem to manage.

Anterior hip replacement in 2010, left me with many complications including Femoral Nerve Damage, thigh is numb and tingles/burns....less of the latter since on new Nerve supps, I think.

From this hip job, my body is OFF alignment, shorter right leg, hence worse knee and advanced OA and into right foot and ankle.

I've studied the Prolotherapy work and know of many workers here in my area, today what is used mostly for more advanced chronic issues are PRP (Platlet Rich Plasma) injections and Stem Cells from one's own bone marrow.

There are prolo workers across the U.S. and here is a good site: getprolo.com

I'm sure there are even more providers not on this listing.

I could not talk about the possibility of this work working for people if I didn't get help on my shoulder.

The doc I listen to on weekends does primarily PRP and Stem Cells...he did dextrose for many yrs prior. Here is his website and one can read and see the work: jointrehab.com

The alternative rheumy I've seen for some yrs after hip replacement also does dextrose prolo and I had 2 sessions in my knee and it didn't work....could be if I did 3-4 sessions I would get relief, but money is a factor for me. She did help me a lot with acupuncture to the spine and knee and was able to help with insurance, now insurance clamped down...

As I see it, after my long life, so many alternatives that COULD really help are not insurance covered. My hip job was covered a lot with me paying some copays, but I'm dealing with a lot of complications from this surgery. And these replacements are more major than I ever realized before I did one.

There are NO GUARANTEES. But we take our chances and IF I had more money to work with, I'd be doing PRP now.....
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote