View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi friendlyd,

I am glad that you were persistent with the dental office and will be seen tomorrow! Good for you.... !! :-> From my POV, I find it very careless for him to prescribe another round of ceftin without seeing you. With that said, you probably have been squeezed into his schedule so he may try to be very brief with you. If you find that to be the case, please keep in mind that you are his patient just like everyone else waiting to be seen. He has rendered treatment to you and legally has to take care of you OR refer you to someone else who can. Be mindful of his busy schedule and have your questions and concerns written down concisely so nothing goes unspoken. But also expect his undivided attention when you are in the chair.

Regarding the second rx of ceftin.... another round of it may or may not be advantageous. I hope when he sent the biopsy to the pathologist that he also had it cultured because that would determine what the proper antibiotic should be. As far as the receptionist saying the results didn't reveal any surprises.... that could mean any number of things but it generally means as with all root canaled teeth, this one is not going to have been without problems. Please request a copy of the pathology report. It behooves you to have that record in your possession just in case you have complications with this or your sinuses down the road.

I am familiar with ozone and HBOT therapies. Both of which can be extremely helpful but they need to be administered as per the individual needs and at the right time. Meaning, the persons overall health, meds, etc are taken into consideration and the diagnosis and severity of the problem should be determined first in order to proceed with either of those things.

I have witness remarkable healing from both ozone and HBOT ... but also just the opposite when it was given carelessly.

Please make a list of your symptoms, concerns and questions before you see the OS tomorrow as this will help you sort through everything and make it easier for him to get the picture. He should also take an xray of that area to help rule out undiagnosed pathology.

Please keep us posted... I really hope you have a better nights rest tonight.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote