View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sinus perforation again

Hi. I have found this site looking for answers - it is amazing. Any information about swelling and what to expect later on would be a great help!

After years of planning on doing it finally had two of my RC teeth extracted on Friday to help my body deal with the aftermaths of Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. Top left and right 7s.
Sinus perforation on both sides, noticed when I came home. Phoned up, dentist said it will heal on its own.
As drink was going into my sinuses I went back next day to see an oral surgeon who said if not closed within 24 hours I will need a major operation in a hospital later on.
He closed both of them but was willing to see another patient before his early evening flight so I heard him telling to the receptionist proudly: this should take 45 minutes each I did 2 in 25 mins.

By the time I was home I could tell the right one was open. Went back two days later, yesterday, and another OS closed it again - he said he has to sacrifice the bone to give the closure a chance.

He (both) also said that there is no chance for this to heal on its own and if it remains or breaks open again, i will need to have a major operation in the hospital in a few weeks time. Is that true?

I am not doing anything for 3-4 days now just let it heal.

Also, my face is really-really swollen since yesterday - he didn`t mention that but that is normal isn`t it? After this latest operation for a couple of days? Otherwise I am in not too much pain.
Taking antibiotics and using nasal spray.

Sorry came out long. Appreciate any thoughts. Thank you so much,
Elna
ELna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote