View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:27 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sensitivity & Multiple Impact Syndrome

Hello,

I have a question for those of you who experience that getting a concusssion or concusssion symptomes is very easy.

I was whiplashed Jan 2014 and had a concussion (I am a lawyer and 36 years old). My symptomes (big reading difficulties, light headaches, total lack of energy, dizziness etc) was gradually getting better, and I felt like 95% myself in Sep 2014.

Then I had a accident with my son who jumped right up in my face. After a month I felt pretty good again, but then I felt and hit my head on a door frame. I had a very big setback (new concussion I think).

Since then I have improved, but it takes longer to get better, and everytime I bumb my head just a little bit or are exposed to a loud noise close to my head, I suffer a relapse which usually takes 3-5 days to overcome.

I am also sensitive to road bumps, jolting my neck etc. I have had psysical therapy, vestibular therapy and vision therapy.

I have read that a lot of you experiance similar symptoms, but I have the following questions, that I hope that some of you, especially Mark in Idaho, will have time to answer or share your thoughts:

I fear that I will always be sensitive to bumps to my head, and that it will not require much force to give me a new concussion.

So, have you, or someone you heard about, regained their tolerance to hits to the head or is it incurable?

And theese relapse I experience when exposed to a small bump, is it psychological or? The reason I ask is, that I have always been suffering from OCD, anxiety and hypochondria, and I can see, that a lot of you (most I think) who have the same problems also had pre-injury problems with anxiety etc.

I dont doubt that I have had a concussion, but theese small bumps who gives me a relapse, are they somehow linked to obsessive thinking, rumination, extreme focus and anxiety or is it a distinct problem?

Some years ago I had severe hypochondria (about MS, cancer and several other issues), and I definitively had some real and weird symtoms who vanished as soon I got a MRI scan, which showed that I was healthy. This tells me, that the mind can make tricks.

I hope to hear frem you and I am sorry for my bad english, but I am Norwegian.

PS: A big thanks to Mark in Idaho - I have read a lot of your posts, and I think it is amazing that you help all those people who are desperate (like myself).
TheNorwegian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote