Thread: Vibrations
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
U say u sometimes still wake up like this and that u used to have it during the day too. That sounds like improvements have been made. How long was ur acute phase? I've heard of people saying "acute" phase... Does this mean when symotoms first started? Or when they were at their worst? IF it's been 6 months since things turned from bad to worse is that too long for an acute phase? I other words does that mean I will most likely keep worsening?
The autonomic dysfunction and mild neuropathy became noticeable in Oct 2013. I was still functioning, but had lots of dizziness and weird disturbing symptoms.I was functioning but did not feel as strong and well as I should. Then last summer the shooting pains started in my neck, shoulders, arms, and hands. By July I couldn't even lift a lawn chair. Then in Sept, I woke up and had to go to the ER because I couldn't move my head and was in severe pain. It quicky spread though out my body and I couldn't do much of anything. I could barely chew and swallow food because of the muscle spasms in my neck. The pain was absolutely excruciating. There were times I didnt think I was going to live. I was disoriented, in a haze, my blood pressure was extremely low, couldn't do basic math or have a conversation.
I was not sleeping. Admitted to hospital for testing and spinal tap in November because they wanted to test for MS or infection. Then I think in Dec. came the major muscle twitching everywhere, the burning, more shooting pains deeper with in my body.

In mid January I was able to start driving once or twice a week short distances but it was very difficult due to pain and visual sensory problems. I still had to have help with kids and a lot of the driving, housework. By March I had a lessening of the muscle spasms and shooting pain and was able to get some sleep most nights. By May I was back to taking care of my kids, driving them around, cooking, and housework by myself although nothing is easy. Everything is hard. I hurt, I twitch, I'm dizzy, My body parts go numb and tingly, I have to stand up very slowly or everything can go black.......but I have part of my life back.

I know how scary and how maddening and unfair this is. You are not alone.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antonina (06-16-2015), janieg (06-16-2015), madisongrrl (06-16-2015), zkrp01 (06-16-2015)