Thread: Taurine
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 02:33 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

When I saw Taurine, I thought I'd read this as I just had an experience with Taurine. On a suggestion from a friend on the FM/CFS group I've been with many years and here is what he suggested:

Taurine 4-5 grams twice daily. Taurine is vital for reducing microglial activation. It assists in reducing neuropathy and in improving muscle function.
Vitamin B12 1 mg, Methyl Folate (MTHF) 5 mg daily, acetyl-carnitine 500mg twice daily, CoQ10 150mg daily, Benfotiamine (Thiamine) 100mg twice daily, magnesium (any form) 300mg twice daily. This set of supplements is used widely in the mitochondrial diseases to assist the optimal functioning of mitochondria.)))

So what I did was buy 1000mg caps and started one a day in the AM on empty stomach as amino acids do best on empty stomach as I've read over the years....well, after about 6 days I was falling over with debiliting fatigue. So I sent a note to my friend who deals with CFS and she deals with high cortisol and I with low cortisol, well she found taurine lowers cortisol....so I did stop taking it and I'm back to my normal.

The above suggestions are really high taurine dosing. Quandry, how much taurine are you taking?

You also mention Dilantin and years ago, back in late 80's long before I had my thyroid addressed and FIXED, I was dealing with depression and after reading Jack Dryfus info on how Dilantin helped him for many years of depression....I convinced the doc I saw back then for Dilantin for depression and I had ONE GOOD GREAT DAY...clearity, great feeling, etc. and never again. So I stopped with it.

I had the great feeling after 1 day on LDN .5mg and never again. Had a horrible constipation issue with the low low dose of LDN too....tried to work with LDN for 6 months thinking I could avoid a hip surgery....I was trying about everything.

It's amazing how some things can work and not work in our bodies. Glad you are finding help with taurine. Sure is innocent and affordable. C
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-23-2015), DejaVu (07-19-2015), Quandry (06-16-2015)