View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ELna,

You are very welcome

Yes, I am familiar although not well versed in RHS. It has also been my experience that people are often misdiagnosed as it mimics many other disorders and although the symptoms are fairly obvious, they differ from one person from another. Yes, the amino acid L-lysine is very good at treating and even preventing/minimizing outbreaks of the virus. Also have you looked into the benefits of eating a diet low in Arginine foods? This too is an amino acid but studies have shown that it may not be tolerated well in people who have this virus and it can actually aggravate the virus.
Here's a link to some friendly and informative info ...
http://www.drdeborahmd.com/solutions...simplex-type-2

The nose spray that you are using with the Oxymetazoline is only meant to be used temporarily, like a few days, because it can actually have a rebound affect and cause congestion, etc. So be mindful of how much you are using it.

I was curious if he prescribed steroids, glad to hear he didn't. They are not without side effects and if possible should be avoided.

Home made veggie and fruit juices are good but it's best to buy fresh organic produce because the contaminated soil and pesticide residue with non organic is not going to do you much good. If you make home made soups, the health benefits are unmeasurable. So don't be hesitant to do that.

Yea, I am also a big proponent of salt water rinsing over chemical laden ones. The chemical ones kill all of the bacteria, both good and bad which makes no sense because you need to keep the good for healing purposes. Generally the chemical mouthwashes are prescribed because many people have less than ideal oral hygiene habits. But if you keep your mouth clean, brush and floss thoroughly every day, and eat a nutritious diet you can just use the salt water to rinse with.

The sinus perforation may close on it's own. It really depends on why it occurred in the first place and if there is ongoing pathology still present. The surgery to close the perforation depends on the location, severity and reason it's there. Those reasons also determine if it ends up being a chronic problem or not. So hopefully yours will heal on their own over time and not have to ever be dealt with again.

How are you feeling today? Is the sinus issue less than yesterday?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote