Thread: Taurine
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Each person here reading can make their own decisions on the Taurine.

You know, I recall way in the past, it was used by the Tourette's community (and ADHD too).

We always have it here, because of our cats. Vets often recommend additional taurine if cats get human food treats.

I only use it for my gall bladder (I have had 4 tests showing no stones over the years and including most recently). A low dose helps me prevent painful attacks. But that action is different from the neurological actions it has on membrane stability. The nerve impulses travel along the nerve membranes, using the electrolytes mentioned in the wiki article.
In fact there is a supplement, magnesium taurate that I recall Tourette's patients used.

http://www.amazon.com/Cardiovascular...+taurate+400mg

While the mag content of this is pretty low per tablet, the combo makes good sense if used in the proper dosages.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-17-2015), DejaVu (07-19-2015), Quandry (06-17-2015)