View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

That's okay. I really don't need the particulars. Just as long as he tolerates it well, that's just fine by me.

This morning Alan had a very deep voice. I said "what on earth is wrong with your voice". He's been rubbing his eyes lately. A lot. His eyes have been getting red. One evening, I think I made onions and his eyes got all red and he was rubbing, And he used visine and in 5 minutes they were fine.

So this morning, all he did was rub his eyes and his voice was deep. No coughing, no sore throat, no fever, no nothing.

So during the infusion, I thought he felt warm. The nurse said "do you have a thermometer?" So I got it and we took his temp and it was normal.

So we both think it's allergies.

So I asked her what would be the case if he woke up (on the day of an infusion) and he was sick, then what should I do?? She said "call The Infusion Company and they will contact his doctor. I said "oh, yeah, like you'll get anyone there". She said "well, then the pharmacist at his infusion company would determine what to do.

I mean, I have to know these things just in case it ever comes up. And I said "you mean, then the $8000 worth of meds in the fridge would go to waste?" and she said: "well, if he has a fever it means his body is fighting infection and if we were to give him antibodies, his body wouldn't work that well" (or something to that effect).

I mean, have any of you gotten your meds, then you couldn't proceed with an infusion? What did you do if that happened??

Thanks, Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote