View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 10:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the further info LIT! It's very helpful.

echoes, I still keep my name mostly out of it. What changed now is that all of the loan paperwork has to have both of our names, because they're looking at our credit, assets and liabilities and not just his. (That's the way it works with a sole proprietorship.)

Also, I recently took a class (a couple of hours a night for a few nights) to be able to qualify for a special business loan, because there was no way that my husband's schedule would have allowed him to do it. If my taking that class comes to light, I can explain how that 2 hours a night wiped me out, that I got nothing else accomplished at home that week, and that it took me a week to recover.. So I probably just need to report it and then deal with the fallout.

I still have him sign everything, especially tax related. I have never signed a business tax form of any kind. I am sometimes listed as a contact person in case there's a question. I guess I'll need to explain that too.

Again, I'm not real worried; I've been on disability since 1993, I'm 55 and haven't even had a CDR in about 15 years. But better to deal with it proactively than look like I'm hiding something. Thanks.
singingmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote