Thread: Taurine
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 02:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm definitely going to check into it...read about it, etc. sounds hopeful. Thank you Quandry and glad to hear of someone feeling a bit better. I have Atypical too.

Ironically, my TN pain is every so slightly better day to day of late (crossing myself, lighting a candle, throwing salt over my shoulders, touch wood). It's been a little over three years since I had my dental experience from HELL

However, my migraines are a little worse. In fact, I think I had somewhat of a cluster headache the other day AND about ten days ago. WTH?!?! Two within ten days. I've had them before. Doctor calls them "migraine with cluster feature." They come in spurts between my regular migraines, but fortunately not too often.

So, English Dave, I understand.

I take Topamax, but only 50 mgs since more than this makes me dumb as a door nail, which makes me depressed and well... It's just a nasty vicious cycle sometimes.

I use Imitrex and a little coffee when I get a migraine. But doesn't work as well for the ones that have the "cluster features."

I'm not sure why my TN is a little more controllable of late. I'm not going to worry about it though. I did have a horrible, insane TN attack when I went on a bus tour. So, the evil thing is still very capable of bringing me to my knees.

Sorry to be so negative...on the upside, day to day I'm doings little better and the Taurine is clearly something worth exploring
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-17-2015), DejaVu (07-19-2015), Quandry (06-17-2015)