View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 03:22 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Attention Sensitivity started 7 weeks after wisdom tooth extraction. Please help!!

Hello,

I got my wisdom teeth removed 8 weeks ago. I had them done under general anesthetic and I had a cavity filled at the same time. Everything was great except last week the tooth I got the filling in (next to my wisdom tooth extraction site) started getting sensitive to everything. It started with hot food, but now it is everything. The sensitivity was on and off all week. Sometimes I couldn't get it to happen.

I went to the dentist on Monday and he looked at my teeth (blew air on them and made me bite on some paper) and no pain. (I think the air test would hurt me today though) He said the filling looked good, but it was deep so that could be the cause. He also said that the gums can get lower as they heal and that could be the cause.

Tuesday I noticed that the sensitivity goes away if food gets packed into the socket. Overall the sensitivity is worse
and I can barely drink cool water without jumping off my seat. I don't know what to do.

The sensitive extraction hole is bigger than all the other extraction holes. Is something wrong? Why is it healing so much slower?

Is it normal for a tooth to start being sensitive 7 weeks after? How long will it take to get better? I will be moving to another country in 2 months and I don't want to go and get dental work there because I don't speak the language yet.

I am scared that the filling was filled wrong or that my tooth is cracked even though he said it seems fine. Please help me!
Thanks.
StyreneOxide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote