View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 08:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

A quick but important update or two for anyone following along. This last week I found myself perhaps being overmethylated, or perhaps just too much methylfolate .. I am not sure.

For a few nights sleep was extremely broken up and poor, and then I found every little pain I've ever had from old injuries, etc. It made for a very uncomfortable period.

In answer to this, I have curtailed all methylfolate for a period, to where I feel I should add some back in. I also did the same with TMG but I am not sure that I need to. I am instead, working on getting folate from food and working back into it.

Interestingly, my tremor (the main thing that taking methylfolate helped a lot) is still very small but after about 4 days off these it's starting to come back just a bit .. and more when in stress. I imagine I'll be back on the methylfolate or TMG within a few days. There is a fine line, it seems, once you get beyond overcoming the initial deficiencies.

In other news, I got my genetic tests back and it seems that I have the MTHFR mutation big time, from both parents, as well as some other genes that express to parkinsons the symptoms I've been experiencing, included the REM sleep thing. I'm a bit overwhelmed in looking over the results. It's complex and deep.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-23-2015)