View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 02:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My Full Body SFN Update

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a while but thought I would share with you the latest. I have SFN which has been confirmed by Skin Biopsy. It started with funny feelings in my feet at the end of Dec 2012 after taking an antibiotic Metronidazole. They are not sure if this caused it or not , I now have it all over my body, including my face. I have had loads of blood tests, fabry, Sodium Channel Genetic Test, all of the other anti body tests run by my Rhuemy, I've had a lip biopsy for Sjogens syndrome. Lumber punch, MRI scans. Everything has come back normal. I am in the UK and have just seen the Rhuemy today, she has said there is nothing more she can do, and has passed me back over to my Neurologist. While at her desk, she noted my Neurologist had written to me at the end of May, a letter which I never received. He advised he wants to see me to discuss trying some immune suppressant medication, the letter mentioned Steriods and IVig, which I was quite surprised about. My letter from the professor I saw in London said my biopsy was in keeping with neuro inflammation so I am guessing this is why my neuro is suggesting this option. I am hopefully going to get an appointment with him in the next few weeks, I am going to push for the IVIG, I have heard if it is inflammation then this is a good option. Quite pleased he is willing to give me other options and not just sending me on my way. I have been taking Amatriptiline and Lyrica, I have been managing quite well so far on this and managed to have a really nice holiday with my family, I am just worried if I do have accept and go for a short course of steroids this could possibly make it worse, anyway thought I would share with you how I am getting on.
LouLou1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (06-18-2015), canagirl (06-18-2015), Healthgirl (06-18-2015), KnowNothingJon (06-18-2015), mrsD (06-18-2015)