View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb1212 View Post
It progressed to my whole body within a couple months, including my scalp, face, mouth, tongue, gums, throat, inner ears. I also have the ear ringing, but that only started this year. It's both a high pitched ring and a rumble sound. I also look completely "healthy." People who know of my challenge always tell me, "Well, you look great!" Not really... I've let myself go because the challenges of just getting through the day are all I can handle. I also don't have any numbness. It's just a constant burning and other types of paresthesia. The thing is, my skin biopsy was considered normal..
I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing this. I too have it in all those places - scalp, jaw, inner ears, throat etc. At the start of all of this, I had wet, hot, warm sensations inside my ears, a roaring case of tinnitus, and a balance disorder (disequilibrium - the floor moves when I walk). I even lost my hearing for 48 hours in one ear - my hearing got turned up to 11 (hyperacusis), after that I heard sound in different two tones with a time delay (diplacusis). This coincided with my worst period of burning.

I have body-wide burning with a normal skin biopsy (2 punches in the leg), large fiber damage in one of my legs, and sensory deficits in my arms (they are not numb, but are dulled and can't sense temperature). It is very frustrating indeed to not find the cause. Hang in there. Do you have any issues with swallowing?
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote