View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 07:15 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
if you look up McDonald Criteria you'll see what the drs have to look for to make a dx of MS.

sometimes it takes a while for lesions to show up on an MRI.
the waiting and testing can be difficult if these don't show up right away.

keep a sx (symptom) journal to track dates and sx's. it may help the dr to see what is going on.

keep us posted.
Thanks very much. I will look these criteria up. I live in the place (a group of Scottish islands) with the highest MS rate in the world. I do therefore trust that my neurologist knows what to look for. But it's good to also know what the small minority of MS sufferers who don't fit the criteria show. I just got print outs of my test results from the neurology tests in January. The CSF results and all results are within normal range as far as I can see apart from the O band screen which has nothing beside it - presumably this was because of the contaminated fluid.

Album, glucose and protein levels were all within normal range and cryoglobulin was negative so not Lyme. He must still be concerned about my symptoms though because he said he was going to speak to my rheumatologist.

Having failed to tolerate (severe reaction) four immunosuppressant drugs for RA now - they will not want to start me on the newer biologic drugs if there's any possibility that I have MS because these can cause or make MS much worse I believe.

Again many thanks.
Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote