Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
Good shows you guys! I remember so many of those.

Starz - I was on the Bozo show once. I went with my brownie troop. I'm not sure how that worked because I wasn't living in the Chicago area at the time. Maybe Bozo went on tour or something. I remember being really excited but once we got to the studio and on air I was petrified.

Does anyone remember Sunday nights with Mutual of Omaha and Walt Disney? I loved Sunday nights. Every now and then my parents would make popcorn and we were allowed to eat it in the living room while watching those shows. It was such a special treat.
Oh, I used to watch the nature shows all the time. All of them in the late 50's and 60's.

Here is a trip down memory lane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHyuYvvNMe4

I looked up "geese nesting in trees" because we had a goose checking out a huge hole in our old oak (where raccoons typically have their kits). This goose was really interested in the hole which was really high up in the tree..3 stories up. This hole is the result of a tornado ripping off a huge branch one spring-- luckily our home was miraculously undamaged.
Here is a photo of her:

So I searched Google and found the vintage Mutual of Omaha
film about the subject, which includes other wildlife in the Montana marsh with the geese.

So you might like the video, I thought.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 07-06-2015 at 02:12 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (06-22-2015)