View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm using My Fitness Pal App on my phone counting calories. It also has some nutrition markers. I'm low in potassium I'd say about 90% of the time and it is starting to concern me. I only need to lose a few more pounds (thank goodness, knock on wood, throwing salt over my shoulders) so my calorie count will go up a little for maintenance, hopefully relatively soon.

However,the potassium on most days is way too low according to this APP.

I think I have slightly more energy when I purposely attempt to eat foods high in potassium. Additionally, my blood pressure seems to be lower.

The potassium supplements in the store seem very low. I do wonder if they are worth taking though, at least to bring up totals a little.

I suspect, similar to magnesium, this is something many many people have an issue with...low potassium.

I do make myself all natural vegetable drinks with a little bit of apple. Sometimes I have pineapple in them. These seem to have a fair amount of potassium in them. I also like a half an avocado, half a baked potato at times and a once in awhile treat...dried apricots.

I'm avoiding processed foods, and salty foods and I'm not sure about V8... But it might be very good for me for an occasional treat. I can see where the potassium count might be good...

***One can low salt v8 163 ml= 700 mg. Potassium Wow, that does seem like a lot!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote