View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:16 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member

Hi Hopeless,

The UK has 7.0 as the same 'magic number', and I have been bouncing along a little below with pre-diabetes for Donkeys Years, dxed May 8 '13 by Glucose Tolerance Test (remember the date cos 2 hours later I had cancer dx), then somehow managing to keep levels ok by diet alone. I cannot exercise at all - and it adds to the Depression - I have so much neuropathic pain, hypersensitivity (extreme allodynia), neck and spinal injuries and worse of all a heart that becomes Brady Hypotensive when put under any stress. Yep, I'm a mess!

I have been summonsed to my GPs next Thursday to discuss options, I assume this will include meds and daily blood tests. For the first time I AM feeling positive about a Diabetes appt because I am being pro-active in my diet and weight loss goals. This is a struggle that is being made easier by the support I get on the Weight Loss Forum.

Regarding the onset of these new pains, I am desperately searching for a cause other than further complications and deterioration from my ongoing issues. I would rather be able to name and blame high blood sugar as a cause - at least I have possible control over that.

I am sorry to hear your condition has started progressing again. You seem to have it somewhat in hand, and I hope that the meds change brings the desired results.

You are right, if my diet hadn't changed I would likely be staring at figures of 9.1 or higher. However, having Depressive Personality Disorder my brain never looks for the optimistic view. I always need nice Members like you to point out the positives.

So, thanks for your offer of help and advice, I will certainly take you up on it as our respective battles continue.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-29-2015), ger715 (06-24-2015), Hopeless (06-20-2015), KnowNothingJon (07-03-2015), St George 2013 (06-21-2015)