View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Hyperextension as the cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Gray View Post
Hi , I recently developed foot drop as a result from a complication ofvaricose vein surgery. Unfortunately the surgeon sutured around the the common peroneal nerve when she was stitching up. This was not discovered for a week (initially thought to be a mild neuropraxia). The second surgeon was able to remove the suture and said he was able to see the blood vessels and axon going through the nerve and said I should make a full recovery. I understand there is about 1-5mm nerve repair per day & I need to get from my knee to my big toe!! I am a very positive and determined 42 year old female PE teacher and triathlete!! I am very interested in hearing from others with foot drop originating from CPN damage.
Hi Vanessa, a slippery marble floor made me put all my weight(signifigant) on my left knee. Somewhere in the recovery process, days later, I realized I could not lift my foot. I was given an appliance that is L-shaped and scoops the toes up as you lift the leg. I recovered fully but remember it as being too slow by my estimation. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vanessa Gray (06-21-2015)