View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
were're all taking very strong medicines, the equivalent of 100's of mgs of dopamine, you think we'd be taking these medicines if diet made a difference? do you know anything about the underlying biochemistry of parkinson's?

it's likely 1 egg has enough tyrosine, a precursor to dopamine, to supply our needs for a week.
people who are fasting for weeks don't start "freezing" because of a lack of dopamine, they can still move. obviously even in starvation we can mfg all the dopamine we need in a normal brain.
i miss 1 dose of my dopamine medicine and i have a very hard time moving smoothly. that kind of tells me diet isn't my problem.

we are lacking the enzyme necessary to produce dopamine from precursors in food and the cells in our brain that store and protect dopamine from being broken down in the brain, we are getting plenty of precursors. and dopamine doesn't penetrate the BBB.

THANKS BUT NO THANKS
SOccertease, you are not understanding, the dopamine something such as blueberries cause is due to the reward center of the brain rewarding you for eating something that helps in survival, but more importantly, it is the avoidance of foods that suppress dopamine, probably by having fatty acid types in them that human genes are not familiar with that get inserted into the brain that is the key to this diet working.

STeve Lord
steve lord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote