View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Everything is worth a try. Within reason of course . I have kept a bunch of motivational mottos in my head through this whole recovery process. One of them is "Start Low, Go Slow". Try it at a slow pace you can handle, ie: one slow enough to keep you from getting sloppy with your mechanics and form and do only a small amount the first day. Set a goal based on what you know you can handle. If that is a tenth of a mile or a hundred feet start there and see if you flare. You want to separate motion from distance as a flare trigger. Don't make yourself miserable pushing too far. Figure out your limits and then just push a tiny bit. The treadmill is a great way to make progress methodically. If you think you can handle a bike a little maybe try that too. You can always start something new with just two minutes and no resistance to see what happens without risking harm.

If the treadmill is too much stress, a rolling walker is an option and allows you to just stop or slow down right away if needed. I measured out different distances in my neighborhood in the car so I could gauge progress that way and just doubled around so I was never too far from home if my foot blew up.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (06-21-2015), whiteaa (06-20-2015)