View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 07:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your responses thus far.

I don't know if it is as I have been out of the loop but I have not been hearing any miraculous new news about ketamine- no breakfast of champion promises as it was said to be several years ago.

I think the telling question was/is when I asked 'What is your success rate"
the best she mumbled after some gobbledy gook was that it is different for every person.
This is somewhat in line with what eventually came out of the first round of treatments.
We were hearing of these amazing success stories .But how do you gage success?
Of the ones that it worked on a good percentage were cured for up to 3 years but that was on the ones that it worked on.
Many people had horrific side effects to the treatment itself .Many people it didn't work on at all.
Some of those stories were told on the other forum.
I think it was someone from Australia who posted frequently on this forum who had a 7 month remission and then ...back to status quo and with a pregnancy on board to boot.

I myself did an oral ketamine protocol and got nothing out of it but a pretty funky "trip" for 12 days.

Now I may sound negative to some of you but I am not .I just don't have enough information right now to warrant a trip and the 2 day notification doesn't help much.
I am going to call and talk to their nurse tomorrow(if they let me) - talk to my family tonight - try to do some more research and hope to get some more answers here.

I am doing OK.
Thankfully I had a lot of blocks on both my lower extremities and upper extremities when the disease took hold in- first my hands and then my feet .
I spend more time in the freezer than on the stove these days ( my terminology ) but that can always change.I have periodic spells(daily) of very nice sunburns.
Both my hands are pointed outward but other than that my "mobility " not been too severely affected .I can fake "normal" whatevee that may be pretty well
I think that is due to both the blocks and the fact that I have been an athlete all my life and I continue to work out no matter how badly I feel.I am convinced that if I keep my limbs oxygenated I will be OK longer and so far it has worked .I am going on 8 years with this with a 2 year remission at the beginning .
I also have TOS,cubitel tunnel ,shoulder impingement all bilaterally ..and a few to several other things.
Do I feel like crap all the time?
Of course I do .
Do I want to crawl out of my body sometimes as it is driving me crazy?
you bet.
Do I think Schwartzmann is the answer to some of these things ?
No clue .

so in this limited amount of time I thank Frogga and Linmarie for their time and care and if anyone else has any info it would greatly be appreciated

take care
GnP
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote