View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 10:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Welcome Skygray,

You will certainly find a wide range of opinion on different treatments here. I believe that overall we balance each other out. Certainly we all get frustrated sometimes with our illness, with needing to try new meds and experiencing side effects, with not getting the degree of relief we desire. It is wonderful to have a safe place to express that frustration.

Our doctors are only human and as in need of acceptance and forgiveness as the rest of us. I am sure if they could wave a wand and fix all of us they would. it is not that easy. Along the way mistakes may be made. I had a devestating nerve injury that resulted from an ortho procedure and required lengthy, complicated operations to address. But I know that the original surgeon did not hurt me on purpose. It was the last outcome anyone wanted for me. I still like this man. I wouldn't have surgery with him again but I harbor him no ill will. in spite of what happened, I know he was trying to help me.

I fall in the camp of those extraordinarily grateful for care received. Without the team that worked on my repair I would be in agonizing pain and largely crippled. Instead I am walking. medication that keeps my nerve calm is part of why. It is difficult to adequately express gratitude for such gifts.

Come and see us sometimes. There is much support and companionship here. And by all means if negativity is over the top send a line to a moderator. Also there is a handy feature to block the content from certain users if you find there is one or a handful that are particularly irksome.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (06-22-2015), SylvieM (02-04-2016)