View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 07:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennijojo View Post
When this first started and Ortho thought it was something that needed imobilization and pulling my thumb away from my hand and stopping me from carrying it claw like, I was given a brace that immobilized my wrist and thumb...
I have been in extreme pain lately and I'm tired. Tired of hurting. And I just don't want my thumb to even twitch( funny how my thumb hurts way more that my wrist which is supposed to be the worst part)
I tried to wear my brace today but my forearm and wrist and hand are so swollen it doesn't fit right and wearing it is hard to tolerate, but if I can work through that do you think it would be detrimental to immobilize it just till the 8th when I get my next block?
I've read braces are a no no, but would it be short turn? I just have nothing that even takes the edge off this pain right now. My gabapentin just seems to be doing very little anymore and I of course didn't bother to ask about that or tell the dr last week when I saw her. I just got excited about the future plans.. And I get very nervous for some reason asking about changing doses or meds..
Hi Jennijojo,
Try to never be afraid to ask your doctors for anything. They need to know what's going on.
For some reason wearing a brace to control movement was explained to me was not good. I had a very badly clawed hand to the point of my fingers were pressing my veins and if not addressed they would cut off blood flow and nerves. So I had surgery done to fuse my wrist to were it looked somewhat normal.Just saying....
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jennijojo (06-22-2015)