View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
There is a difference between suffering a new concussion and just causing a relapse of symptoms. Plus, anxiety can cause a relapse of symptoms. I don't think any of the 'impacts' you mentioned are likely to cause a concussion. But, they can cause anxiety and stress that can cause symptoms to return.

You will be better off if you accept that these are not concussions. If you have an impact that causes that immediate dazed and confused feeling, that would be a concussion. If you do not have that feeling, please try to not get anxious. Anxiety can be your worst enemy. Keep in mind that these events can cause a startle to your system with resulting symptoms. That startle can cause an involuntary anxiety reaction. Recognizing this startle reaction will help you say to yourself, "This will pass. Take a deep breath and try to relax."
Thank you. That is helpful. These are hopefully the last things I will ask for a long while:

-Do you know if it is okay to shake things up and a down or side to side, like a bottle of salad dressing, a package of spices, etc.?
-playing violin (it used to give me awful headaches bc the sound is right in your ear, but then I wondered if because your head is basically sitting on a wooden block, and there's a lot of jolting back and forth (I used to be kind of an intense violinist before my concussions, I played for like a decade before myy first concussion a year ago, and I was wondering if it would be safe to return). it makes me nervous, bc I can't play without moving a lot, which makes me nauseas. but I don't know if that's just nauseau or if it's actually bad for me.
Claired is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote