View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 11:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I doubt the minute amount of alcohol cause your sensation. More likely an memory based anxiety reaction. Or, you may be allergic to an ingredient in the near beer. Much of a hang-over is an allergic reaction.

I see lots of negative comments online about Nortriptyline and trazedone combined and about using trazedone as a sleep aid.

What info are you looking for about the vitamin regimen ? None of it should be a concern except in very rare circumstances. I and many others would choose the nutritional approach before the side-effect laden drug approach.
That's interesting about the memory based anxiety or allergic reaction. Is there a way to test to see if it's allergic?

I can't say that I've seen/experienced anything negative about combining the two (yet). I will say that when starting the Nortrip, that I woud have VERY crazy/disturbing/vivid dreams (which I normally do not remember dreams).

I'm not a fan of pills either and would be happy to look at a nutritional approach. I'm mostly curious about which vitamins or nutrients could be lacking and enhancing what I'm feeling and how to off-set that possibly through proper eating, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperElectric View Post
Has Cognitive Behavioural Therapy been suggested as a way of treatment? It might be worth looking into.

As for kicking alcohol, I used to like a drink or two but since my injury given it up and all but given up caffeine. It was hard at first but now I'm not bothered about having a drink, last time I had a beer I didn't like the taste much! If I go to the pub I don't have to worry about drink driving and just pretend I'm an athlete lol. Giving up drink has probably been the only good thing to come out of this.
I did work on this, along with EMDR and it did help with the PTSD issues. I'm very much trying to find another therapist that honors my insurance...It's just frustrating trying to find one that I like and having to start all over with my issues. =/

I used to drink, socially, quite a bit when partying. Since the accident I only try to drink on occasions/rarely and had been ok if drinking in moderation. The past 6-8 months though, I seem to have zero tolerance. Thankfully, I don't crave caffeine of alcohol. I don't miss caffeine minus the taste of good coffee, lol. As for the alcohol, it's mostly the social aspect that is embarrassing. When having a meal with my GF and she wants to drink...She asks if I mind, which I appreciate but feel guilty telling her that I do. It doesn't pain me to see her drink, I feel akward always having to order "water or sprite" lol.
RollerDerbyCoach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote