View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You can get blood work to check for deficiencies. B-12, folate, D-3, magnesium, calcium, Thyroid levels (4 tests I think), hormone levels, are a good start. Most docs use low levels as OK but many with TBI issues need to be at the top of the range.

It's unfortunate you feel so awkward around alcohol. There are plenty of people who abstain 100% without any guilt. In fact, there are those who look at those who drink as weak. So, you can only make decisions for your own well being. When your GF asks if she can order a drink, you could say, "Sure, I'll drive you home." You have more important issues than whether she has a drink or not. Please, try to let that one go.

It sounds like it would help if you decided on a plan for yourself. You appear to be wandering in the wilderness of PCS. Vitamins and supplements at the dosages we use have very little risk of adverse reactions. The flush from niacin is expected. I was prescribed a regimen similar to the one I have on the Vitamins sticky by a psychiatrist 32 years ago. I was a PCS and depression basket case and he got be back functioning in less than 8 weeks. He had me on much higher dosages of many of the supplements.

I was on AD/AX meds for 14 years and now do great without them. I wonder if I suffered damage from using them long term. Some doctors suggest that is the case. I do have some residual side-effects that first manifest when I started the AD meds that have continued after quitting them. Any time there is a possibility of avoiding AD meds, it is well worth trying. That is unless one is in a crisis situation.

I hope you can find the strength to make some decisions to move forward with.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote