View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Milas,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is going through a hard time. I've had epilepsy for 43 yrs. and had 2 brain surgeries to reduce my seizures and from what you have explained the Dr. found spikes on the left side along with the frontal lobe which is where the forehead is, these spikes happened at night meaning your daughter may be having seizures in her sleep. This is known as myoclonic seizures they happen when a person goes to bed and when they wake up in the morning.
My advice to you is to take your Dr. to see an Epileptologist these Drs. specialize in Epilepsy and know how to treat it very well and they can find the cause of the problem. You can find these Drs. at large hospitals or University hospitals you may want to have your daughters family Dr. refer you to one.
If your daughter is just staring she may be having an absence seizure which makes a person have a daydream look on their face and then after the seizure is over they are confused and tired along with having a headache.
You need to keep track of any possible seizures your daughter has write down what time the seizure happened and describe the seizure by doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in your daughters seizures. Cut back on the carbs and starch foods and keep your daughter away from anything with nutra sweet in it. It has been proven that all of this can trigger seizures for people. Try putting your daughter on vitamin B12 once a day it has greatly reduced my seizures. Also take note if your daughter is sick or if there's a low pressure in the weather often this can trigger seizures for a person but the main things that can cause seizures is stress, lack of sleep and hormones changing.
I took Valproic Acid for yrs. and it worked great controlling my seizures the main side effects are anorexia where a person will either gain or lose to much weight, blood platlet loss which can cause bruising and internal bleeding which is what happened to me and the drug can effect the liver like many seizure meds. To find the correct med for your daughter tell the Dr. to do a DNA test on her by doing this they can match up then enzymes in her liver and her body chemistry to the best seizure med for her with the least side effects. Sorry for caring on so long. Wishing you and your daughter only the best and May God Bless The Both of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (06-23-2015)