View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

** foods that raise our dopamine do so by rewarding higher survival activity. I should have added that that dopamine rush, such as from blueberries, lasts only as long as it takes to fully digest whatever it is you ate. But there will be a prolonged effect of higher dopamine if we are familiar historically with the type of fatty acids in the food we are eating, since it end up in our brains. That is why fruits and vegetables , all but a couple of kinds that I listed like any kind of soy, either are good dopamine raising foods or are at least close to neutral enough that almost all of them can be eaten. WHy? Because that was basically our diet during evolution for millions of years in the jungle of Africa and our genes evolved to like them, thus our brains perform better. Makes sense to me as everything I do that prehistoric man did a lot increases my functioning and health. And manmade stuff suppresses all my functions, like elecltronic radiation suppressing my neutrotransmiters and immunitiy but cosmic rays increasing same. So the bottom line is evidently the most familiar to us types and levels of fatty acids we eat, the more dopamine we secret.

Steve Lord

Last edited by Chemar; 06-22-2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: NT Guidelines
steve lord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote