View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 05:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
On the website www.livewello.com, you can upload your results, and they'll provide you a nicely formatted version of around 250 SNP results. I think the cost is $20. You would then have a link to your formatted results (or hard copy print-out) you could provide to a practitioner...if you wanted to go that route. There's also a list of practitioners on their site who would do consultations based on those results. I haven't done that yet.

One thing I learned in trying to make sense of my results is that they're all intertwined, and you have to understand how they all interrelate before knowing what needs to be done. I wasn't able to figure out how to make sense of them as a whole. I'm ok on 677T, but heterozygous on 1298C. Since the latter apparently isn't as critical as being compound heterozygous, or having 677 issues, I haven't been frantic about learning about. Still, I could have issues I need to address.

Before I would do a consultation with anyone, I would get recommendations from people who have already worked with them, and there are nice forums on Livewello where you could probably do that. I'm sure there are other free sites as well.

The integrative doc I went to asked for my methylation results, then really didn't know what to do with them. I was impressed.

What's your Norovirus Resistance trait? That's FUT2 which can have some pretty significant impacts on your health that they still don't fully understand.
I thought finding the methylation issue would lead me to some way of helping myself. But the deeper I dig the more complex it becomes, and the more apparent it is that this is too new and nobody really knows what the right thing to do is.

For now, I think I'll bump up my methyl folate dosage a bit more as well as working harder to avoid synthetic folic acid as much as possible.

I'll keep researching this thing, and hopefully I'll figure it out eventually. Then again, who knows if this even has anything to do with my PN symptoms.......
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote