View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannakat View Post

even the best doctors don't neccessarily understand all of it. I had things i liked and agreed with and things i didn't like or agree with for each of the 5 surgeons i talked to before making a surgery decision. Also, none of them really get along with each other or agree with the others' approaches. It is pretty weird, actually.

Johanna
Apparently that means there are definitely more than one way for TOS surgery to be performed! Yikes, I know there are newer techniques in the research literature and mentioned on different surgeons web sites, but it sounds like there's a lot of resistance, division, and a bit of ego there as well?

As for my original question, it sounds as though I have a mixture of symptoms, which of course makes sense considering the thoracic area. Part of me wishes that it was just nerve pain and not arterial so that I wouldn't have to consider surgery so soon, yet often my sharp stabs of pain throb with my heart beat before dissipating (luckily, I'm not someone who is in constant pain, only with use and certain movements).

Off to do more reading! Thank you everyone!
MelissaLH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote