View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Always be cautious tho...

As I've had to tranquilize my cats on occasions and also horses.....I have found that the smarter ones suddenly realize that their defenses are 'down' and become more self-protective. That means they mite bite, scratch or become more panicky than they were to begin with. Try it a couple of times and see. If it gets really bad, set up a comfy spot in the bathroom or spare room and simply leave them there...You have to be safe as well, and your safety comes first-even tho it's heartbreaking.

I've seen several of the 'horse-whisperer' types and they can and DO amazing work on animals of all kinds. I have seen enough of them and know of folks who have received help from these folks to tell that what many of them do is on the up and up. Just wish I had these particular skills!

Here's a site of a animal trainer I took my horse to a clinic to...some of the philosphy is a bit....well.... but IT definitely worked a lot of good on my beast. And this lady cares. She did have the human participants use their touch on each other... one side only [shoulders] than broke for lunch - It was cruel! I demanded we do the other side after as I was soo relaxed and I was really listing until we did. - j

PS it's easy to learn, do, and is non-invasive - if it works who cares? If not, no harm done.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote