View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi, first trip in here

I used to be on the Parkinson's forum at BT1 a lot, now preoccupied with osteoarthritis in the left hip, left untreated too long, to be replaced in 3 more weeks--just so you have some idea--not the worst pain but down to the bare bone on both pelvis and femur, hardly enough pelvis left--you get it.

I can only offer a couple of spiritual things in addition to the excellent list above (and tell me about that ginger, too, please!). I assume everyone tries prayer if they're interested in it, including giving thanks for it because it helps us comfort others (you have to be majorly religious or nuts to get that far out, I guess).

I have read some Buddhist thinking by Pema Chodron, who teaches that we can fully experience the pain in order not to be afraid of it. I have tried this for short challenges like trying to get across a room, and have discovered that there is a finite limit to this particular pain I have, and so I don't fear it, and so it doesn't affect me as much (that's full of drugs, BTW).

I have just taken the first level course in Reiki healing for the purpose of easing my own pain. So far, in three days, it helps some, or at least restores some sanity.

Hope this helps, and thanks for being here.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote