View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default FAO Bryanna

Thank you so much Bryanna!
Is it ok if i ask a few more questions?

I am now one week post extraction and as far as I am aware it's not been longer than about 2-3 weeks since that hard lump developed inside my jaw. Is it possible that during such a short time the damage is so extensive and further surgery needed?

Are there any other plausible explanations for that hard lump underneath the extraction site?

I have visited my dentist several times in the last 2 weeks and he mentioned nothing that would suggest further issues. Is it negligence? Ignorance? I know you can't answer these questions, but my mind just boggles that I was sent away without any explanation or referral. He only told me to book another check-up in 6 months!!

How long do you think I need for the extraction site to heal fully considering the infection and the long root (that's all I know)? Shall I wait another week before contacting the surgery regarding referral? They seem to be fobbing me off all the time saying "it should settle soon".

Finally, what can you tell me about the procedure I might require? Will it require general anaesthetic? Long healing time? What about success rate?

Thank you ever so much!!! I appreciate your help.

Monika
indiansummer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote