View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Rambling Post — Advice Appreciated

Hi there. There is so much info here it is overwhelming to me. Perhaps someone can point me to the best place to start or something.

I had five concussions in less than 1.5 years. The last one was in September 2013. Although I have been improving in many ways, the sensitivity to knocks and jolts has steadily increased. Every time a jolt brings back concussion-like symptoms (dizziness, spaced-out, memory problems, nausea, etc.), it takes me longer to recover. Plus, I am becoming more and more sensitive so that right now the smallest thing sets me back. I can no longer handle the heat of the sun for very long, I can't walk more than a very small distance, if I did something like jumping down from a chair I'd regret it for days, and so on.

I have not received any therapy at all. My doctor says, "Rest and do light exercise." That's all the medical help I have had. I can't afford alternative treatments, like neurofeedback therapy, although I did that years ago for a different issue and found it very helpful. I can hardly afford supplements and only take them sporadically.

I recently relapsed by jogging a short distance and have been dizzy for quite a few weeks since, plus have other symptoms.

Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed? Oh, and for healthcare, I'm in Canada, but it seems nothing is covered other than pharmaceuticals.
TheLastCastle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote