View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 04:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

just an update: Here I am at day 5 and things are exactly the same! Pain not better or worse, just the same as day 3. Which is frustrating. I have tried and am unable to stop taking Motrin. Without Motrin I get frantic because of the pain. On Motrin I still feel pain, it's just less and so I can function.

I called dentist yesterday to ask if this was normal---was not able to speak to dentist (I doubted he would be available) but the assistant who was at my surgery called me back. She said most people are in less pain at day 4 but some have pain 5-7 days. She asked if I thought it was an emergency type pain, I said no but I have no reference, really. The fact that Motrin helps about 50-70% with pain makes me think it's not dry socket....She asked me if I still see the LPRF clots in the socket, they look white. I do but they have shrunk, they are filling up like 2/3 of the socket now. Maybe that's normal? I could not ask her because I could only look after I hung up. I also notice a huge sore (cankersore type?) below the extraction site. It is really swollen and red around it. I think that is where he did the injection for numbing? I also got a mirror and can see two other small sores right on the socket itself. They all look like canker sores (which I am prone to.)

I just thought I would be getting better each day by now so it's frustrating and scary. The dentist who took out the tooth is a 3 hour drive so I can't just pop into him to have him look. Even my general dentist is 1.5-2 hours away (I have no holistic dentists in my town). I see my general dentist on Friday to remove the stitches but I am worried that if something is wrong that is still 3 more days.

Since I did not get antibiotics, how would I tell if my pain is due to an infection?

I am going to try to assume it's normal pain for a cavitation type extraction of a RCT but I admit I am worried. I was like 100% better at day 5 when I had my wisdoms out a few years ago (by a normal OS not a holistic one).

Also I still cannot get used to the feeling of the tooth in front of it!!! It still drives me bonkers. I am still on a liquid diet (organic, homemade) but it's so boring. I can't even try to chew it hurts too much on the extraction side and the crazy tooth that is next to the site which feels like 100 times bigger than it used to hurts too, I hit it with a spoon last night and saw stars.
nukuspot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote